Friday, July 22, 2011

The VERY Early Blessing


 I was the the girl that ALWAYS said "I will never have kids". I didn't have any dislike to babies or anything but the whole idea of being a Mommy honestly it scared me. Having to provide and be responsible for someones lil life is truly a HUGE responsibility and I wasn't so sure I could do such a great job at it.
 On June 4th 2010 I found out not only that I was 4mths pregnant but also that I was having a little girl.  Of course being so far along and having no prenatal care, I was in shock, horrified, and speechless. As the nurse started showing me the sonogram pictures of her tiny little chubby cheeks and her little fingers it became a huge reality that I now was a mom.
 I must admit being pregnant during a TX summer is not the most exciting thing to experience. I was miserable most of the time..and probably not the easiest person to deal with. Working at a job were your attire is all black made it even worse. But the part I enjoyed was the cravings!! French and Ketchup. That's what I LOVED!! The months dragged by and November 19th (due date) seemed like an eternity away.
 September 17th was my last day of work before a 3 day weekend, I was so excited about getting to sleep in and relax. That night I was having the craziest dream. The dream started out being at a house party and seeing a beautiful fish tank. As the party continued behind me I was in awe of the fish but suddenly the fish tank started to crack and break into a million tiny fishes. I awoke suddenly to realize that my water had broken. So panic struck! Why this early? Whats going on? Then the denial.."Oh I just had an accident". Called the doc and of course I was instructed to go to the hospital.
 This was not my idea of a relaxing 3 day weekend. I then was told I would be stuck in the hospital until the baby came!! 9 weeks of being in a hospital on complete bed rest!!! OMG!! After the 9th day  of being a prisoner in a hospital bed..London Elise Green decided that it was her time to shine! She had already been in a hurry to get here so she didn't want to wait any longer. London was born at 3:58 am on September 26th 2010 weighing 3lbs 10oz and 16 inches.

 It was hard to now know that she wouldn't be coming home with me, for the next 31 days her new home was the NICU.....

1 comment: